woensdag 23 mei 2012

They obviously do brighter colours in the Netherlands

When I woke up this morning I had decided to wear the dress that had also been up for choice for the posh dinner: the light brown one with colour thingies on it.

When I got downstairs, Amanda immediatly expressed her liking the dress and Tom commented 'they obviously do brighter colours in the Netherlands' (I've been wearing some colourful outfits, including the one that I call 'Colourburst on the Go'). Well, to be honest, I don't think so many people in Holland dress very colourful. All those brown, blue, gray, white and black tones are sometimes just so depressing (especially 'cause the majority wears clothes like that). So I answered, 'Well, maybe it's just me.' To which Amanda replied, 'Whether it's you or the Netherlands, I think it's great.'
Aw yeah! :P

At work I started off with the papers, but this morning there wasn't that much news on celebrities. Then I started with the ebook again and I got surprisingly far!
During the ebook-reading, I got interrupted a few times to do things like prepare publicity copies, making sure two boxes that needed to be returned fit in one big box (and to do so, wrap it up like a present) and some other things.
During my lunch break I got a sandwich at Subway, which will probably be my last 'luxurious' lunch here, as I'm near to being broke. If I'm correct, I will receive my last paycheck from my former employer on Thursday, but I've got no idea how much that will be.
After having eaten my sandwich behind my desk and checking up on social media-life, I went outside with my book (I bought it on Sunday and have finished it by now) and read for a while in the lovely sun! It was absolutely GORGEOUS weather!

In the afternoon I finally got the somewhat-feared visit from Mauro who explained to me who I had to call, what I had to say and such. I really didn't like the prospect of having to call these people (I think it might be because the meetings are important and I don't want to be responsible for screwing things up).
Thankfully it went quite smoothly and my heart stopped thumping in my throat! One publisher said they'd email to confirm, another confirmed and the other two had probably closed already, as the phone wasn't answered.

The rest of the day went by very quickly.
After work I went back to Elm Park and dropped by the Tesco to get some ingredients for hutspot! I had promised Tom and Amanda to cook this Dutch dish for them, so I bought the ingredients and meat to make meatballs as well.
They really loved it; Amanda kept saying 'this is really good', so that's a good sign right?

When I got back to my room I saw that my new dress had been washed, but that, unfortunately, the lasagne stains from last Tuesday were still visible :( :( :(

I guess that's it for today!

I'll keep you posted,

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten